Saturday, January 24, 2009

Eggless Eggnog

If you're one of "those" people who don't like eggnog, then skip this post. But if you are one of "the" people who do, then read on, baby. Dillon and I love eggnog. But, we've become eggnog snobs, in that we found the BEST eggnog ever and never want to buy anything else. That eggnog is Southern Comfort Vanilla Spice eggnog. Yummmmm. To my dismay, I couldn't find eggnog at all after Christmas, even before New Year's. Everywhere either stopped selling it, or they were out. Welcome to Tooele Valley, I suppose. Anyway, I've had this recipe for years and only recently tried it. Dillon said it was good, but I didn't know how much he liked it until he told his brother that it was better than what you buy in the store. Have I talked it up enough? Don't be disappointed please, but really, it's good. And since I'm paranoid about drinking raw eggs anyways, and it kind of spoils my appetite thinking about drinking them, this is a great way to get around that!

Ingredients:
1 small package french vanilla pudding mix
5 cups milk
2/3 c. sugar
1/2 tsp. nutmeg
1 tsp. cinnamon
1 c. cool whip or whipped whipping cream

Directions:
Mix pudding mix, milk, and sugar in blender. Let chill in fridge about 4 hours. Blend in nutmeg, cinnamon, and cool whip and enjoy!

You can put less of the spices in, just do it to taste, but we like ours full of those spices, so that's why there is so much of them. The original recipe doesn't call for cinnamon and calls for just 1/4 tsp. nutmeg, so do it that way if you prefer.

No comments: