Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Crockpot Chicken Alfredo

Okay, if this picture makes you want to puke rather than eat it, totally understandable! Anyways, I've been on a little of a health-kick lately, and this is really NOT healthy. I tried to counter the cube of butter by using the light cream cheese and 98% fat free cream of chicken soup, so I felt a little bit better, but hey, it's the fat that makes it so good I guess. I really didn't taste any difference however with those changes, so maybe they're worth it!


Ingredients:
2 chicken breasts
1 package dry italian dressing mix
1 cube butter
1 package Neufchatel
1 can 98% fat free cream of chicken soup

Directions:
Put melted butter in crockpot. Place chicken in and sprinkle with italian dressing mix. Let cook until chicken is done (my crockpot is hot and on high only takes a couple hours). Take chicken out and put the cream cheese and soup in--soften cream cheese first though to make it less lumpy. Let that heat up a bit while you shred the chicken. Whisk the cream cheese and soup together and add enough milk to make it a thinner sauce. Add chicken and heat through. Serve over noodles. Very easy!

2 comments:

Christian and Jennifer said...

Yum, I've made this before out of your cookbook and love it. So easy. I also use the lower fat ingredients and it tastes just as good. I thought my crockpot was the only one that cooked everything in half the time! If it calls for 6-8 hours, I know it will be done in 3-4.

Debbie Lawrence said...

I LOVE this recipe. One variation that we do is we also add a can of cream of mushroom (so it makes more sauce...we are a bunch of pigs!) and a tablespoon of minced onions, just for fun.

I actually think your picture looks delicious!