Monday, March 24, 2008

Beef With Broccoli

I'm thinking this picture is totally unnecessary, it probably makes you not want to make it, but I thought I should put proof that I actually make this. It is actually quite easy and surprisingly yummy. I think it tastes like what I've had at restaurants and even my husband can't get enough and he can be very picky.



Ingredients:
1.5 lbs lean steak (any cut, sliced thin)
1 Tbls. cornstarch
1 1/3 cup water
1 Tbls. canola oil
1 head broccoli (1 lb., cut small)

Marinade:
3 Tbls. teriyaki sauce
3 Tbls. apple juice
1 Tbls. cider vinegar
1 Tbls. brown sugar
3 cloves garlic (minced)
1/4 tsp. hot pepper flakes (optional)

Directions:
Add beef to marinade for 20 minutes. Transfer meat to a plate. Add cornstarch and 1/2 cup water to remaining marinade and set aside. Heat oil in skillet on high. Stir fry beef until brown, about 4 minutes. Remove to a plate. Add 1/3 cup water to skillet. Bring to a boil, scraping browned bits. Add to marinade. Stir fry broccoli 2 minutes, then add 1/2 cup water. Stir fry 4 minutes. Add marinade and bring to boil until thick. Toss in meat and season with salt and pepper (definitely needs salt! but I like to let each person put the amount they like on their own serving). Serve over steamed rice.

1 comment:

Dillon and Christie said...

Yum! This looks great Dez, I'm excited to try it--I bet we'll love it!