Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Teriyaki Chicken

I got this recipe off of my cousins' blog, Come Hungry. I took a picture, but it was really ugly and unappetizing-looking. But I made it for dinner tonight, and my kids couldn't get enough. My four year old ate more than I did! We made rice, and scooped the teriyaki sauce from the pan on top of the rice, and my two year old asked for thirds. So good!


Ingredients:
2-3 lbs cut up chicken (my chunks were pretty big. The smaller chunks seemed to be more tender)
1 can evaporated milk

Directions:
Wash and dry chicken. Place in shallow container. (I used a gallon sized ziploc baggie.) Cover with evaporated milk for 1 hour. Drain and then coat with flour. Brown in oil and drain. Place in large shallow baking pan (I used a 9x13), marinate in teriyaki sauce for 45 minutes turning once. Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes. Serve with rice and veggies.

Teriyaki Sauce Ingredients:
1/2 c soy sauce
1/2 c water
1 c sugar
1 T pineapple juice
1 clove garlic, crushed
1 ts. ground ginger (I don't like ginger, so I didn't use it)

2 comments:

Christie // lemon squeezy home said...

Yum! I've always wanted a good teriyaki chicken recipe. I'll have to try this soon!

Williamson Fam said...

Hi Erin , i made this for dinner tonight and it was fabulous, thanks for sharing, i cant wait to make it again..

Melanie