Monday, March 10, 2008

Strawberry Spinach Salad

I feel bad always stealing pictures off the internet, and I don't even know where I got this one anymore, so sorry! It's not mind, it's somewhere online. This is one of my favorite salads. You can candy the almonds if you'd like in some melted butter and sugar over the stove-top, but I don't normally do that with this recipe, since it's already got a sweeter dressing.




Ingredients:

2 T. sesame seeds
1 T. poppy seeds
1/2 c. white sugar
1/2 c. olive oil
1/4 c. white vinegar
1/4 tsp. paprika
1/4 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
1 T. minced onion
10 oz. fresh spinach, rinsed, dried, and torn into bite-size pieces
1 qt. strawberries, sliced
1/4 c. slivered almonds (I like to toast them first)

Directions:

Whisk together the sesame seeds, poppy seeds, sugar, olive oil, vinegar, paprika, Worcestershire sauce and onion. Cover, and chill for one hour. In a large bowl, combine the spinach, strawberries and almonds. Pour dressing over salad, and toss. Refrigerate 10 to 15 minutes before serving.

2 comments:

Paul T said...

ooohh! I love this recipe but I never know where to find it! Thanks for posting it!
~Rachelle

Merilee said...

Yum! I had this once at a Fondue Restaurant and I've always wanted to make it. Thanks!!