Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Cafe Rio Tomatillo Dressing

(Sorry no picture, but it really looks just like the green dressing from the restaurant.)

Ingredients:
1 pkg. Ranch Buttermilk Dressing Mix
1/3 cup buttermilk
1 cup mayo (or 1/2 cup mayo and 1/2 cup sour cream if you don't have buttermilk, and you would use 1/3 cup regular milk, which is the only way I've made it)
3 fresh tomatillos
1 cup cilantro
2 cloves garlic
1/4 tsp. cayenne pepper

Directions:
Put all ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth. Refrigerate for a couple hours, this isn't necessary but helps to thicken it a little. After being in the fridge, it was suggested you could add more mayo to make it thicker or more milk to thin it out, but the consistency has always been perfect for me. It makes a lot but I just make it when I have a lot of people eating and I use the leftovers to dip tortilla chips in. So good! :) I believe it is good in the fridge for up to 2 weeks.

1 comment:

Christie // lemon squeezy home said...

I'm so excited to try both of these recipes!