Thursday, June 5, 2008

Quick Stew

I'm finally getting around to this now that warm weather is here. I meant to post this 3 months ago when most people eat stew, but oh well. I'm all for meals that are cooked in a crock pot! You just toss everything in sometime in the morning and it cooks all day without anymore effort on your part! Anyway, here it is.

Ingredients:

2 pounds stewing beef (or just get some kind of roast and chop it up)
15 baby carrots, halved (I add more carrots cause I like 'em)
1/2 cup dried minced onion
3 large potatoes, cubed (again, I add more then that)
1 can (10 3/4 oz) tomato soup
1 soup can worth of water
1 tsp. salt
2 T. vinegar
pepper to taste

Directions:

(now here comes the easy part)
Combine all ingredients in greased (or not greased) 3 1/2 to 5 quart slow cooker. Cover and cook on high heat 5-6 hours or on low heat 10-12 hours. Makes 4-6 servings. You can serve in bowls or bread bowls. If the liquid seems too runny, you can add small amounts of instant potato flakes until it reaches the desired thickness.

ENJOY!

1 comment:

Christie // lemon squeezy home said...

Yum, I love stew--I'll have to try this on a bit of a colder day:). Thanks!