Friday, August 22, 2008

Double Layer Pumpkin Cheesecake

My friend requested I post this recipe, so here it is! Great for something a little different around the holidays--especially if you aren't a traditional pie lover like myself. I got this off Allrecipes and used the reviews of people to make it better.



Ingredients:
2 packages cream cheese, softened
1/2 c. + 2 Tbsp. white sugar
1 tsp. vanilla extract
2 eggs
1 (9 inch) prepared graham cracker crust
3/4 c. pumpkin pie filling
1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
Caramel Sauce
Frozen whipped topping, thawed

Directions:
Preheat oven to 325 degrees. In a large bowl, combine cream cheese, sugar, and vanilla. Beat until smooth. Blend in eggs, one at a time. Remove 1 c. of batter and spread into bottom of crust; set aside.

Add pumpkin and cinnamon to the remaining batter and stir gently until well blended. Carefully spread over the batter in the crust. Place on cookie sheet (can add some water to the bottom of the cookie sheet to prevent the cheesecake from cracking) and bake in preheated oven for 50-55 minutes (the original recipe says 35-40 minutes, but some people were complaining that it wasn't done--I honestly don't remember how long it cooked since it's been so long since I've made it). Drizzle caramel sauce and top with whipped topping before serving.

1 comment:

The Allen Family said...

Awesome! Thank you very much. I'm excited to make it myself, I just hope it turns out as good.