Monday, August 11, 2008

Sour Cream Pancakes with Homemade Syrup

Scratch my other pancake recipe--this one is lots better. They are moist and yummy, and the syrup is buttery and sugary and oh so yummy. These recipes are from Greg, my brother-in-law--I stayed at their house a few weeks ago and they made this for breakfast--YUM! My boys love these, and Dillon loves how moist they are. Thanks for the great recipe Greg!

Ingredients:
2 c. flour
1/2 tsp. salt
2 tsp. baking powder
1/4 tsp. baking soda
2 T. sugar
2 eggs
1 c. sour cream
1/4 c. butter, melted
2 c. milk

Directions:
In large bowl, mix dry ingredients together. In a smaller bowl, beat eggs, add sour cream and mix well, then add melted butter and milk. Add wet ingredients to dry, mixing lightly to form a smooth, thin batter. Makes about 20 medium-sized pancakes.

Syrup Ingredients:
1 1/2 c. sugar
3/4 c. buttermilk (I use regular milk and it's still yummy)
1/2 c. butter or margarine
2 T. corn syrup
1 tsp. baking soda
2 tsp. vanilla extract

Directions:
In a large saucepan (large because it boils really high), combine the first five ingredients. Bring to a boil. Boil for 7 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in vanilla. Yum!

1 comment:

Rachelle said...

I know this post is old, but I just had to say that I had the syrup at Christie's house a month or so ago, and it was super tasty! My kids totally loved it! Thanks Christie!